Saturday, July 23, 2011

Amy Winehouse: 1983-2011

Another talented artist has tragically died due to drink and drugs today. Amy Winehouse follows the likes of Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and Michael Jackson whose talent has been overridden by addiction.

A musical genius and a legend she will remain to future generations, but will also be remembered as a wonderfully kind person who clearly got lost within a world of fame, drugs and unstable relationships.

While this news is shocking, it is sadly not surprising. Her behaviour over the last few months and her last performance made people fear the worst for Amy; that fear has sadly become a reality.

Hopefully Amy's legacy will be her music and talent, rather than her infamous addictions.

Rest In Peace Amy Winehouse. A Tortured Soul No More. x

''I'm a musician. I'm not someone who's trying to be diplomatic, you know, trying to get my 15 minutes. I'm just a musician who is honest'' (Amy Winehouse)

''I only write about stuff that’s happened to me.. stuff I can’t get past personally. Luckily, I'm quite self-destructive'' (Amy Winehouse)

1 comment:

  1. sadly she did not help herself, and it finally caught up with her.
    Rest in peace young Amy.

    ReplyDelete